|Home||About Us||Our Departments||Our Achievements||Our Partners||Events||Parents' Portal|
Motto & Philosophy
We look up to God for help and guidance,
as well as for directions in our lives,
as we aim for greater heights of achievements.
We lift up our eyes unto the Lord from whom we receive help to face life's trials and tribulations.
I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
We are proud of our Christian heritage. The PL Philosophy is based on the biblical text....
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and men."
The school philosophy and mission set the focus for Holistic Development in PL - the creation of a child-centric environment to develop the whole child in the different developmental domains through the PL programmes.
1. Grow in wisdom (PL Thinkers and PL Colours)
- Our main objective is to equip our girls with the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes for lifelong learning. In this aspect, we will take into account each girl's cognitive potential and draw out the best in her through the myriad of programmes in PL Thinkers.
- The school supports the bilingual policy as learning their Mother Tongue will prepare the girls better for a competitive world.
- The school also provides learning opportunities to develop our girls aesthetically through PL Colours.
2. ... and stature (PL Sports)
- Physical well-being is our key focus and this is encompassed in our Holistic Health Framework. We believe that pupils who are physically fit will be able to do well in their learning, perform their work effectively and live life to the fullest.
- Programmes in PL Sports aim at developing our girls to become healthy in mind and in body as they embrace a healthy lifestyle.
3. in favour with God and man (PL Care, PL Spirit, PL Leaders)
- As a Christian school, we believe that "God created man in His own image" and "He breathed into his nostrils the breath of life". As such, Character Development and Christian values form the foundation of our belief to educate the child from within.
- One of our strategic goals is to prepare our girls for active and responsible citizenry through the programmes in PL Care and PL Spirit. This encompasses the inculcation of love for family, concern for community and loyalty to the school and nation as the girls practise the triple 'I Love' principles - 'I Love my Home', 'I Love my School' and 'I Love my Country'.
- Our girls will recognise that the family forms the basic unit of society and for societies to flourish, family values must be treasured.
- Through our National Education and Social Studies programmes, we also seek to inculcate in our girls a sense of pride in our school heritage and a belief and confidence in our nation.
- Programmes in PL Leaders will also empower our girls to lead themselves and others.